Sunday, December 04, 2005

My Witness To A Fathers Affection

Background: I have a friend who has cerebral palsy. He is totally dependant on other people for his physical needs. His mind is perfect, but his body is completely useless.

I have had the greatest experience of seeing him cared for by his father. Larry is 28, his dad is 60. His father is a tatooed, tough, old vietnam vet who has the most sweet spirit of love I have ever witnessed.

It is a struggle to see him taking care of all of Larry's physical needs, while allowing him to be an independant person with his own wants, desires, and dreams.

My Witness to a Father's Affection

pushing, pulling
clothing, cleaning
wiping, washing
feeding, feeling

touching, tickling
reading, rubbing
talking, teaching
reaching........releasing

loving Larry

No comments: