Sunday, December 04, 2005

My son, My Hero

My son,

How can I ever adequately thank you for the gift you have given me? You came into my life in a time of darkness and doubt. Your sweet spirit was present even as you dwelt in my womb. You encouraged the changes that saved me. A new kind of love- a pure, peaceful devotion- was the key that turned my heart.

You have shown a natural desire to follow Christ, and this has been an example to me in so many ways. Your kindness, your patience, your obedience- I admire you, young man. A hero at age eight.

It is an honor to be your mother. You are a shining light of righteousness in our family. Thank you for coming into my life when you did- at just the right moment. thank you for being the force that brought me back to Christ.

With all of my love,
Mom

No comments: