Sunday, December 17, 2006

Feeling the Love

In regard to my last post- Thank you for all the kind things you said. And thank you for loving me even when I am grumpy and impulsive.

I'm feeling better tonight. That is one blessing in my life- although I have struggled with depression for many years, I can always count on it to not last very long. Someone once told me I was resilliant. I am very grateful to Heavenly Father for giving me that quality.

I have discovered in the last few days that my blog has a few new readers. It makes me a little paranoid about what I have written, but challenges me to continue. One request: comments, please. Anyone can add their comment, it's not hard.

CJ spent the last 4 days repairing damaged power lines. We had a big storm last week here in the Northwest. People were without power for days, and some still are. So CJ and his coworkers have been working nonstop, a few nights without even a break for sleep, to get the electricty back on. I am so proud of how hard he works and supports our family.

When CJ and I met we were both young, rebellious teenagers. We partied and had lots of fun, and we didn't worry much about the future. Then suddenly we were confronted with it, and it forced us to rethink our lives. We decided to get married and begin a family. It was a shotgun wedding. It was quick and small, but turned out to be the best thing for us both. We began to get serious about our lives. We were only 20, and the reality of being parents settled us down. We were thrilled when TJ was born, and MJ and JJ quickly followed.

Several years passed and we grew close in our love, but something was missing. I grew up a member of the LDS church, believing it with my whole heart- even when I was not living it. But it had been years since I had been an active member. This caused a lot of guilt in my life. I wanted to raise my precious children with the Gospel. CJ had never attended any church. He didn't quite understand my need to teach it to our children and my desire to start living a more spiritual life.

Long story short: after 7 years of marriage, CJ decided to become a mormon. The day he was baptised was an awesome, miraculous day. He entered the water with great faith, and has grown in the Gospel everyday since. His conversion has blessed our lives over the past four years in ways we would never have guessed. I am so grateful that he wanted to learn, was willing to speak with many sets of missionaries those first seven years, and had a heart that was open to the Spirit.

He is a wonderful man. He is generous and caring, affectionate and hard working, strong and loyal. I will forever be grateful that we found each other. We have grown and changed together, and we love each other with all our hearts. We are sealed together for eternity, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Catch me if you can-
AJ

9 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

I am SO glad you are alright! I've been worried sick about you since hearing about the storm! (You DO live in Or, don't you? Lol)

Well, I'm one of the "newbies" to your blog- but you don't have to worry. I've BEEN there, girl. TOTALLY been there. Cody might still be in that stage, (a little, lol), but it sounds like you and I went about the same route. A great choice we both made, for sure!

Man, your sweetheart is HOT. But then, so are YOU, so what a perfect couple you make. :)

Don't feel alone in depression- I have those moments A LOT as well. I will sometimes blog about it, but my inlaws are the type that will roll their eyes and talk bad about it, so I don't ever dare say too much. Snaps for you- it really, REALLY helps to get it out.

Hang in there, know that you have a friend in So.Utah, and maybe one day we'll truly MEET! LOL! :)

Dixie Chic said...

Crap- I forgot to say what an A*M*A*Z*I*N*G story you guys have! 7 years of missionaries? WOW! Congrats to BOTH of you! An eternal marriage is the best thing in the WORLD (and beyond). :)

(((Hugs)))

Rachelle said...

What a great tribute to your dh! He sounds like a wonderful man!

Anonymous said...

Your story got me all choked up! :-) The gospel is a huge blessing, and I try to remind myself every day why I converted 14 years ago. I try to tell my children what it means that they are growing up *with* the gospel. I don't want to EVER take it for granted - it really is a pearl of great price! On another note, give your dh three cheers for us - our power has gone out twice in the last several days, and I'm SOOOO grateful for the hard-working men and women who are doing their very best (and then some) to help us all.

ps: I think you found my other blog at Blogster, right? You had asked for the address again, but then I saw a comment on a post of mine. fyi: it's plenty.blogster.com

Anonymous said...

My dh will be baptized 6 years on Dec 26th. I totally know the feeling of when they enter the waters of baptism. I was never so proud of him when he told me he was doing that.

Sounds like you got a good one. I never did lose power, but I'm very grateful for those working so hard to make sure everyone does have it that lost it.

Heidi

Meemer said...

What a great story. Your Dh sounds like a great guy.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you're doing well. What a great story with an awesome ending. Reminds me of the primary song that ends....

"And we are a happy family!"

Olivia said...

What a wonderful post about your DH!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I was just thinking yesterday how in highschool it was unique that you weren't living the Gospel, but I knew that you still had a testimony...you never denied it. I reflect on this kind of stuff alot b/c I have lot's of wayward youth to look after at church. And look at you now...a wonderful, eternal family! I really am so happy for you. I'm also really grateful that you went out of your way to be my friend in highschool, even though you made fun of the way I walked! I want you to know that I think you're great!